No products in the cart.
Zeiss Milvus 18mm f/2.8 ZE Lens for Canon EF
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 4 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- 2 Aspherical Elements
- Distagon Optical Design
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus Design
- Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
ZEISS 18mm F/2.8 Overview
Versatile, bright, and wide, the Canon EF-mount ZEISS Milvus 18mm f/2.8 ZE utilizes a Distagon optical concept, with a pair of aspherical elements and four anomalous partial dispersion elements, to control distortion, spherical and chromatic aberrations, and color fringing in order to produce sharp, clear, and color-neutral imagery with a broad perspective. A floating elements system is also employed for consistent performance throughout the aperture range, and an enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for working in difficult lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- THIS 18MM F/2.8 LENS IS DESIGNED FOR FULL-FRAME FORMAT CANON EF-MOUNT DSLRS, AND CAN ALSO BE USED WITH APS-C MODELS WHERE IT WILL PROVIDE A 28.8MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH
- DISTAGON OPTICAL DESIGN INCORPORATES TWO ASPHERICAL ELEMENTS AND FOUR ANOMALOUS PARTIAL DISPERSION ELEMENTS TO GREATLY CONTROL DISTORTIONS AND BOTH SPHERICAL AND CHROMATIC ABERRATIONS FOR IMPROVED SHARPNESS, CLARITY, AND COLOR FIDELITY.
- FLOATING ELEMENTS SYSTEM MAINTAINS CONSISTENT PERFORMANCE WHEN WORKING WITH BOTH CLOSE-UP AND DISTANT SUBJECTS.
- ENHANCED ZEISS T* ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING CONTROLS GHOSTING AND FLARE FOR HIGH CONTRAST, COLOR-NEUTRAL IMAGERY.
- WIDE-ANGLE PERSPECTIVE PAIRS WITH A MINIMUM FOCUSING DISTANCE OF 9.8″ FOR EXAGGERATING FOREGROUND SUBJECTS AND CREATING A BROAD SENSE OF SPACE.
- MANUAL FOCUS DESIGN IS BENEFITTED BY LASER-ENGRAVED FOCUSING AND DEPTH OF FIELD SCALES, ALONG WITH AN IR POSITION DOT AND HARD STOPS AT BOTH INFINITY AND MINIMUM FOCUSING POSITIONS.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT CONSTRUCTION INCLUDES INTERNAL SEALS TO GUARD AGAINST DUST AND MOISTURE AS WELL AS A BLUE SEALING RING AT THE LENS MOUNT TO PROTECT THE LENS-CAMERA INTERFACE.
- ALL-METAL LENS BARREL HAS A FROSTED, ANODIZED SURFACE ALONG WITH A RUBBERIZED FOCUSING RING FOR BOTH DURABILITY AND IMPROVED TACTILE CONTROL.