No products in the cart.
Z CAM E2-M4
The Z CAM E2-M4 Professional 4K Cinema Camera features an interchangeable Micro Four Thirds lens mount, a Flagship Series housing, and like all Z CAM E2s with the latest update, the ability to record ProRes RAW using select Atomos recorder/monitors. This compact camera records DCI and UHD 4K at up to 160 fps, as well as HD up to 240 fps, and records to a CFast 2.0 card (not included). A future update will enable the E2-M4 to will support RTMP, RTPS, and SRT live streaming directly from the camera without requiring a computer. The camera features a 4/3″ sensor with 10/12-bit color support and nominal 13 stops of dynamic range with 16 stops when set to WDR. ISO settings include 500 and 2500 in native mode, 250 and 1250 with WDR activated, and a total manual range of 500 to 102,400. The E2-M4 supports recording in ProRes 422 in 10-bit, as well as H.265 and H.264 codecs for efficient compressing of your image.
Find other Z-cam Cinema Cameras here
- DCI & UHD 4K up to 160 fps
- Interchangeable MFT Lens Mount
- ProRes RAW & 12-Bit Color Support
- 4/3″ WDR CMOS Sensor/Flagship Housing
The E2-M4 can be controlled via serial ports, a 2.5mm LANC connector, a USB Type-C port, an Ethernet port, or by the Z Camera iOS app to control the camera via Wi-Fi and to view a live image preview and to configure settings. The camera can record time-lapse, slow motion, and can even live stream via its Gigabit Ethernet port. Power the E2-M4 camera from a separately available L-series battery or AC adapter.
An AC power supply or battery is not included.
Will support 12-bit ProRes RAW recording over HDMI when used with select Atomos recorder/monitors.
Interchangeable Micro Four Thirds Mount
The included MFT mount can be swapped out for separately available ARRI PL or Leica M lens mounts, giving you access to a wide array of lenses.
Direct Streaming from Camera
Will support RTMP, RTPS, and SRT live streaming directly from the camera without requiring a computer.
4K Capture and Recording
- Records DCI/UHD 4K up to 160 fps or 1080p up to 240 fps, to the limit of your recording media’s capacity
- Native ISO: 500 and 2500, with WDR activated: 250 and 1250
- 13-15 stops of dynamic range using Z-Log2, and 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode
- Built-in multi-frame noise reduction technology to produce clean footage
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 card
- 10-bit ProRes recording in 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT, and 422 Proxy is supported
- Video output through HDMI 2.0 is supported (up to DCI 4K at 60 fps, 10-bit color, YUV 422)
- Full metal housing for efficient heat dissipation
Interfaces and Expandability
- USB Type-C port for live view and control via iOS device with Z Camera app installed
- The USB Type-C port can also be used for external SSD recording
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to browser or computer running Z CAM software
- HTTP API and SDK are also available
- COM (RS232) port supports UART protocol
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
Z Camera is a mobile application for camera live preview and control through Wi-Fi/USB cable connection. It allows you to start/stop recording and adjust the camera settings remotely, and also has advanced features on-camera live preview. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- Made from aluminum for strength and heat dissipation
- Nine threaded mounting holes around the outside chassis
- Sensor plane marking for accurate distance measurements
- Powers from separately available AC/DC adapter or L-series batteries
- Active, interchangeable MFT mount