No products in the cart.
Rode NTG4+ Shotgun Microphone with Digital Switches and Built-In Rechargeable Battery
- Super Cardioid Broadcast Quality Sound
- Low Noise Circuitry
- Rugged Metal Construction
- Condenser Transducer
- On-Board Power Button and LED
- High Frequency Boost Button
- High Pass Filter (Flat or 75 Hz)
- -10 dB PAD Button
- Low Handling Noise
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia
Rode NTG4+ Overview
The Rode NTG4+ Shotgun Microphone with Digital Switches and Built-In Rechargeable Battery is designed for ENG, filmmaking, field recording, sound design, and broadcast applications. The microphone builds upon the success of the company’s NTG1 and NTG2 microphones with an updated capsule to deliver broadcast quality sound and digital switching options for versatile field operation.
Designed to be mounted on a boom, a handheld pistol grip, or atop a compact camera for run and gun style filmmaking, the microphone features a super-cardioid directional pickup pattern, a frequency range of 20 to 20,000 Hz, a sensitivity of -32 dB re 1 V/Pa, a dynamic range of 119 dB, a signal to noise-ratio of 78 dB SPL, and a maximum SPL of 135 dB from 48V phantom power (4.8 mA current draw) or the internal rechargeable lithium battery.
Along the body of the microphone is a power button with LED indicator as well as three digital switching buttons with LED indicators.
The first button provides a -10 dB pad on the input of the microphone to allow the recording of loud sounds without clipping.
The middle button turns on a 75 Hz high pass filter which is useful for reducing low frequency and infrasonic rumble from HVAC systems indoors or street traffic outdoors from over-powering the recording.
The third button is a high frequency boost. The value of the high frequency boost is in restoring some of the high frequency content that is often lost when a blimp or furry windshield is placed over the microphone. An added benefit is that the high frequency boost switch can help improve the intelligibility of recorded speech, especially useful for filmmaking and broadcast applications.
The NTG4+ includes a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery supplies the microphone with 150 hours of phantom power, which makes the NTG4+ especially desirable for run and gun mounting atop a DSLR or mirrorless camera system that would otherwise be unable to directly provide phantom power to the microphone. It takes approximately two hours to recharge the battery to full capacity using a standard Micro USB cable connected to a portable USB power pack or a USB wall adapter that are commonly used for charging most smartphones.
The microphone comes with an RM5 microphone clip, a foam windshield and a carrying pouch. The microphone also comes with a Micro USB cable.
-10 DB PAD
- ATTENUATES THE MICROPHONE INPUT TO ALLOW FOR THE RECORDING OF LOUD SOUNDS WITHOUT CLIPPING
75 HZ HIGH PASS FILTER
- REDUCES LOW FREQUENCY AND INFRASONIC RUMBLE FROM HVAC SYSTEMS INDOORS OR STREET TRAFFIC OUTDOORS FROM OVER-POWERING THE RECORDING
HIGH FREQUENCY BOOST
- RESTORES SOME OF THE HIGH FREQUENCY CONTENT THAT IS OFTEN LOST WHEN A BLIMP OR FURRY WINDSHIELD IS PLACED OVER THE MICROPHONE AND IMPROVES THE INTELLIGIBILITY OF RECORDED SPEECH
- RECALLS THE DIGITAL SWITCH SETTINGS WHEN THE MICROPHONE IS POWERED ON AND OFF