No products in the cart.
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One FLD Element, Four SLD Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- TSC Material, Brass Bayonet Mount
Sigma 35mm F/1.4 Overview
Pairing an immensely versatile focal length with a bright maximum aperture, the Sony E-mount 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens from Sigma is a wide-angle prime characterized by its advanced optical design. The combination of one F Low Dispersion (FLD) element and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements help to achieve a marked reduction in chromatic aberrations, while a pair of aspherical elements, with one positioned in the rear of the lens, minimize a variety of additional distortions and aberrations. A Super Multi Coating has been applied to lens elements, too, to reduce flare and ghosting for higher contrast and color fidelity. Additionally, the f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- AS PART OF THE ART LINE WITHIN SIGMA’S GLOBAL VISION SERIES, THIS LENS IS DESIGNED TO ACHIEVE TRULY NOTABLE OPTICAL PERFORMANCE AND IS IDEALLY SUITED FOR CREATIVE AND ARTISTIC APPLICATIONS.
- STANDARD WIDE-ANGLE LENS IS DESIGNED FOR FULL-FRAME SONY E-MOUNT MIRRORLESS CAMERAS, HOWEVER IT CAN ALSO BE USED WITH APS-C MODELS WHERE IT WILL PROVIDE A 52.5MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH.
- BRIGHT F/1.4 MAXIMUM APERTURE IS WELL-SUITED FOR WORKING IN LOW-LIGHT CONDITIONS AND ALSO PROVIDES GREATER CONTROL OVER THE FOCUS POSITION WHEN USING SHALLOW DEPTH OF FIELD TECHNIQUES.
- ONE FLD ELEMENT AND FOUR SLD ELEMENTS ARE FEATURED IN THE OPTICAL DESIGN, AND HELP TO REDUCE COLOR FRINGING AND CHROMATIC ABERRATIONS FOR IMPROVED CLARITY AND COLOR ACCURACY.
- TWO ASPHERICAL ELEMENTS REDUCE DISTORTION AND SPHERICAL ABERRATIONS FOR IMPROVED SHARPNESS AND ACCURATE RENDERING.
- A SUPER MULTI-LAYER COATING HAS BEEN APPLIED TO LENS ELEMENTS IN ORDER TO MINIMIZE LENS FLARE AND GHOSTING AND CONTRIBUTE TO PRODUCING CONTRAST-RICH AND COLOR-NEUTRAL IMAGERY, EVEN IN BACKLIT CONDITIONS.
- NINE-BLADE ROUNDED DIAPHRAGM CONTRIBUTES TO A SMOOTH AND PLEASING BOKEH QUALITY.
- THE INTEGRATED HSM (HYPER SONIC MOTOR) REALIZES QUICK AND QUIET AUTOFOCUSING, WHICH IS FURTHER COMPLEMENTED BY AN OPTIMIZED AF ALGORITHM TO PRODUCE SMOOTHER FOCUSING PERFORMANCE. THE HSM ALSO PERMITS FULL-TIME MANUAL FOCUS CONTROL SIMPLY BY ROTATING THE FOCUS RING AT ANY TIME.
- THE LENS IS CONSTRUCTED USING A THERMALLY STABLE COMPOSITE (TSC) MATERIAL, ALONG WITH TRADITIONAL METALS, FOR GREATER PRECISION AND USE IN WIDE TEMPERATURE VARIATIONS.
- THE BAYONET MOUNT IS CONSTRUCTED FROM BRASS FOR ENSURED ACCURACY AND DURABILITY. ADDITIONALLY, RUBBER SEALING IS INCORPORATED IN THE MOUNT DESIGN TO RENDER IT DUST- AND SPLASH-RESISTANT.