No products in the cart.
The 105mm Circular Polarizer from Hitech is one of the two most important filters (along with a UV filter) that a photographer can keep in his gear bag. A polarizing filter can change a run-of-the-mill shot into a “keeper”. A marginal, bland sky can suddenly be transformed into a brilliant blue with clouds that jump off the image and show great separation from their blue background.
If shooting into water, hot spots off the surface can either be accentuated or minimized. However, a polarizer’s primary use is to make a blue sky bluer, enhance clouds and kill reflections when shooting into glass or bright metal. As an added effect, if you’re shooting black and white and want to simulate a threatening storm, try throwing on a #25 Red filter. The vista will take on the appearance of an imminent, ominous storm.
The Hitech filter system is made by Formatt – an English company that is renowned for its high manufacturing standards and consistency of quality. Their CR39 resin is manufactured in large sheets that are oven cured. Their exclusive Absorbing Cell Technology absorbs color as opposed to other filters that are coated. Once cured, they are sliced up to create individual filters. In this way, maximum consistency is maintained from filter to filter. This becomes crucial when you wish to change filters either mid shoot or from day to day.
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
- Can dramatically enhance a blue sky and make the clouds more prominent
- Used best at right angle to the sun
- Effective with cameras that use beam splitters in the path of the TTL light meter and with AF cameras
- Absorbing Cell Technology
- The secret to Formatt’s consistency in filter design lies in its unique “Absorbing Cell Technology” (A.C.T.); this unique process allows color correct dyes to be applied to optically pure, wafer thin absorbing cells and offers a controllability that ensures the smoothest grad lines and consistent color across the whole filter surface
- This process is revolutionary compared with conventional filter dyeing techniques by eliminating the need to directly coat the glass surface itself; the repeatable performance gained through A.C.T. ensures that at any time you have to swap like filters for like filters mid shoot you can do so with confidence with no discernible differences in color or density
- Each filter is guaranteed flatness to a maximum 2-wave value and comes with an individual reading from a laser interferometer; every filter is carefully verified with a densitometer and spectrophotometer to ensure consistent and accurate transmission, before leaving the factory – the result is an absolute purity of image that eliminates any unwanted colorcast caused by conventional greenish soda-lime glass
- Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else