No products in the cart.
Z CAM E2
The Z CAM E2 Professional 4K Cinema Camera shoots DCI and UHD 4K at up to 160 fps, as well as HD up to 240 fps, and records to a CFast 2.0 card (not included). An optional cable enables syncing two E2 cameras together, and the system supports syncing up to 100 cameras. The camera features a 4/3″ sensor with 10-bit color support and nominal 13 stops of dynamic range with 16 stops when set to WDR. The camera supports recording in ProRes 422 in 10-bit, as well as H.265 and H.264 codecs for efficient compressing of your image.
Find other Z-cam Cinema Cameras here
- DCI and UHD 4K up to 160 fps
- 13-Stop Dynamic Range (16 WDR Enabled)
- 10-Bit Color Recording, Supports ProRes
- 4/3″ WDR CMOS Sensor
An included Gigabit connector provides data transfer and control of the camera, and you can also use an available iOS app to control the camera and to view a live image preview. You can also control it locally by the buttons along the front edge of the camera. The camera powers from an L-series battery (not included) or via the included AC adapter.
Firmware 0.88 Update
Firmware 0.88 brings a few improvements including ZRAW recording and DCI/UHD 4K capture at up to 160 fps.
4K Capture and Recording
- You can record DCI/UHD 4K at up to 160 fps or 1080p at up to 240 fps, for up to the limit of your recording media’s capacity
- Triple native ISO 80 / 160 / 800
- 13 stops of dynamic range using ZLog, and 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode
- Built-in multi-frame noise reduction technology to produce clean footage
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 card
- 10-bit ProRes recording in 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT, and 422 Proxy is supported
- Video output through HDMI 2.0 is supported (up to DCI 4K @ 60 fps, 10-bit color, YUV 422)
- Full metal housing for efficient heat dissipation
Interfaces and Expandability
- USB Type-C port for live view and control via iOS device with Z Camera app installed
- The USB Type-C port can also be used for external SSD recording
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to browser or computer running Z CAM software
- HTTP API and SDK are also available
- COM (RS232) port supports UART protocol
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
- Pixel-level multicamera sync can be achieved for up to 100 devices—requires optional cable(s)
Z Camera is a mobile application for camera live preview and control through Wi-Fi/USB cable connection. It allows you to start/stop recording and adjust the camera settings remotely, and also has advanced features on camera live preview. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- Made from aluminum for strength and heat dissipation
- Nine threaded mounting holes around the outside chassis
- Sensor plane marking for accurate distance measurements
- Powers from included AC/DC adapter or optional L-series batteries
- Active MFT mount