No products in the cart.
Rode NT6 Overview
The NT6 from Rode is a professional general-purpose condenser microphone that exhibits the convenience of flexible placement, making it a strong candidate for instrument capturing in recording and sound-reinforcement applications. Capitalizing on the success of the renowned NT5, the engineers at Rode integrated its cardioid capsule into the miniature design of the NT6.
The NT6 features a detached microphone head (capsule) and body (output stage). A 10′ Kevlar-reinforced cable attaches these two components and enables flexible microphone mounting and placement. The NT6 features a cardioid polar pattern which effectively minimizes noise due to off-axis ambient audio and feedback. A -10 dB Pad switch provides added headroom, allowing excessively loud signals, such as brass and percussion, to be captured without noise or distortion. A low-frequency roll-off switch eliminates low-frequency noise and rumble below 80 Hz.
MINIATURE DETACHED CAPSULE AND BODY
- A 10′ KEVLAR-REINFORCED MICROPHONE CABLE JOINS THE MINIATURE CAPSULE AND OUTPUT STAGE. THIS DESIGN PROVIDES ENDLESS MOUNTING POSSIBILITIES ON INSTRUMENTS, THE ABILITY TO CAPTURE ROOM AMBIANCE, AND MORE.
- THE 2-POSITION SWIVEL MOUNT ALLOWS BOTH HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL PIVOTING OF THE CAPSULE FOR ACCURATE POSITIONING. ALSO INCLUDED ARE 2 THREAD ADAPTERS (1/4″ TO 5/8″ AND 1/4″ TO 3/8″) WHICH ENABLE ATTACHMENT TO VIRTUALLY ANY MICROPHONE STAND.
CARDIOID POLAR PATTERN
- THE CARDIOID POLAR PATTERN EFFECTIVELY SUPPRESSES OFF-AXIS AUDIO, REDUCING RESIDUAL NOISE CAUSED BY AMBIANCE AND FEEDBACK.
- A LOW-FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF SWITCH ELIMINATES NOISE AND RUMBLE BELOW 80 HZ.
-10 DB PAD SWITCH
- A -10 DB PAD SWITCH PROVIDES ADDED HEADROOM FOR CAPTURING SIGNALS THAT EXHIBIT EXCESSIVE LEVEL AND TRANSIENTS. THE PAD ALLOWS THESE SIGNALS TO BE CAPTURED WITHOUT NOISE CAUSED BY DISTORTION AND OVERLOAD.