No products in the cart.
Shop/Lighting and Studio/Light Meters
- Incident and Reflected Light
- HD/Cine Mode
- Aperture, Frame Rate
- Shutter Speed, Shutter Angle, EV
- Ambient and Flash Photo Mode
- Lux and Foot-candle Readout
- Runs on 1 AA Battery
- Only 3.4 oz
- Size: 2.5 x 4.3 x 0.9″
The convergence of imaging technology has not only created a new category of hybrid imaging making devices but more and more, image makers have branched out creatively and sometimes concurrently into cinema, video and photography.
The Sekonic L-308DC DigiCineMate is the perfect light meter for today’s DSLR and digital practitioners. The intuitive LCD readout can be user-adjusted to display the specific functions needed for the task at hand. It reads incident light via the Lumisphere and Lumidisc. Slide the Lumisphere for reflected light readings.
In Cine mode the meter reads out in lux or foot-candles as well as fps (frames per second) and shutter angles. In Photo mode the L-308DC displays shutter speeds, f/stops or EV at ISOs from 3 to 8000. Besides ambient readings the L-308DC can meter flash in incident or reflected mode with or without a sync cord.
Finally, at a mere 3.4 oz, this light-reading tool is also lightweight.
- Sekonic DigiCineMate L-308DC
- The versatility of today’s cameras is expanding at an amazing rate. Digital SLR cameras are used to record moving images and digital video cameras are used to capture still frames for printing. Whether you are a DSLR videographer, cinematographer, still photographer or involved in any facet of image capture, the Sekonic L-308DC is the perfect meter for you.
- Three Ways to Meter
- The compact, Sekonic L-308DC is the first meter that can be customized to display only specific functions needed for the task at hand for fast, easy operation.
- DSLR videographers can make exposure readings and control light using shutter speeds and frame rates and get aperture settings with one-tenth stop accuracy. The display can be customized to match your camera in full, 1/2 or 1/3 step readings. Brightness display in lux and foot-candles make it perfect for lighting-design work.
- Cinematographers can make exposure readings and control light using the most useful frame rates and shutter angles and get aperture settings with one-tenth stop accuracy. Exposure display can be customized to match your camera and lux and foot-candle readout enables quick setup of lights.
- Traditional still-image photographers will enjoy shutter-priority display of a full range of ambient and flash functions including Cord and Cordless flash measurement as well as EV. All with one-tenth stop accuracy and display that can be customized to your camera.
- Three Ways to Measure Light
- The L-308DC’s Lumisphere tells you about the light you are controlling. It is designed to integrate all of the illumination that falls on it, and the subject, including the key light, line light, hair light, eye lights, etc. Besides taking nearly foolproof exposure readings, its incident light reading enables you to set up and light a scene before the principal talent arrives. You can also “walk the set” to measure the evenness of the illumination.
- Snap on the accessory Lumidisc to measure light for green screens, adjusting ratios and taking lux and foot-candle measurements.
- Slide the Lumisphere to the right to measure light reflected from the subject or the brightness of light sources or window light.
- Nothing could be simpler. Set the ISO and take shutter-priority or frame-rate priority readings for aperture display from f/0.5 to f/90.9 with 1/10-stop accuracy. Hold the measuring button for continuous readings. Change shutter speed, frame rate or ISO settings after the measurement and the meter will automatically compensate the aperture setting to maintain proper exposure.
- Cord or Cordless
- Shutter-priority readings of flash light can be made with a synch cord or cordlessly at shutter speeds from 1 second to 1/500th second. Measurements include total amount of light, both flash and ambient, for the speed set for the best exposure. The L-308DC automatically resets after each reading in cordless mode to enable fast adjustment of flash brightness.
- Calibration compensation can be used to tune the L-308DC to film or digital camera sensors or matching the L-308DC to other handheld meters.
- The L-308DC is powered by a single AA-size alkaline battery that is easily obtainable worldwide.