No products in the cart.
Venus Optics Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens
Find other Laowa Lens Here
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 2:1 Magnification, 2.4″ Minimum Focus
- Manual Focus Design
From macro to infinity, the Sony E-mount Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro from Venus Optics is a prime portrait-length lens offering the unique ability to photograph close-up subjects from 2.4″ away at a 2:1 magnification ratio as well as distant subjects with infinity focus. The versatility offered by this manual focus lens benefits working with close-up subjects and then quickly switching to full-length subjects at distance without the need of extension tubes or other adapters. The lens is optimized for use on APS-C format sensors, where it will provide a 90mm equivalent focal length, and it can also be used on full-frame cameras, however some vignetting will occur when focused at infinity.
The lens’s construction incorporates nine elements in seven groups, and two of the lens groups move in order to control focusing and to avoid barrel distortions. This design also helps to maintain high image clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A rounded 14-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality that is especially beneficial when working with near subjects and selective focus techniques.
- Prime short-telephoto lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 90mm equivalent focal length. It is also suitable for use with full-frame cameras, however some vignetting will occur when focused at infinity; it is ideal for full-frame use for macro applications.
- The lens is capable of focusing on subjects as near as 2.4″ away with a 2:1 magnification ratio for greater-than-life size macro shooting without the need of extension tubes or adapters. Additionally, the lens is also able to achieve infinity focus with a 1:10 magnification ratio for general shooting applications.
- Manual focus and manual aperture setting design does not maintain any electronic communication with the camera.
- Nine-element-in-seven-group construction produces a high degree of clarity throughout the focusing range as well as accurate color rendering.
- Two lens groups move during focusing in order to control barrel distortion.
- Rounded 14-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- Built-in lens hood helps to deflect stray light from causing lens flare or ghosting.
- All-metal lens barrel offers ensured durability and rigidity.
- In addition to the lens itself, a protective filter pouch and a 62mm UV filter are also included.