No products in the cart.
Venus Optics Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens for Sony E
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- 2.5:1 to 5:1 Magnification
- 6.8″ Min. Focus, 1.6″ Working Distance
- Manual Focus Operation
- Slim Lens Barrel Design
- 8-Blade Diaphragm
Venus Optics 25mm F/2.8 Overview
Dedicated to extreme close-up imaging, the Sony E-mount Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro from Venus Optics is a specialized macro lens for photographing subjects at magnifications greater than life-size. Operating within a 2.5:1 to 5:1 range, this lens has a minimum focus distance of just 6.8″ at the 5:1 magnification along with a comfortable 1.6″ working distance. This range is benefitted by the wide-angle focal length, too, in order to achieve greater depth of field compared to long focal length macro lenses. Complementing the close-up capabilities, the optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity. Additionally, distinguishing itself from other macro lenses, this 25mm f/2.8 is characterized by its notably sleek and lightweight design for easier handling and more room to work with artificial lighting.
- Prime 25mm f/2.8 is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 37.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Specifically developed for macro photography, this lens is designed for use within a 2.5:1 to 5:1 magnification range for producing greater-than-life-size imagery. This lens does not offer infinity focus.
- When at 5:1 magnification, the lens has a minimum focusing distance of 6.8″ along with a working distance of 1.6″, which affords sufficient room for illuminating your subject. At the 2.5:1 position, a minimum focusing distance of 9.2″ is possible along with a working distance of 1.8″.
- Wide-angle design benefits the high magnification design by providing greater depth of field compared to telephoto or long lens designs.
- Manual focus operation for precise control over focusing distance when working with close-up subjects.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality when using shallow depth of field.
- Especially slim and lightweight physical design is easier to use handheld and offers more room for illuminating close-up subjects