No products in the cart.
Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens (Sony PH)
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to 22
- 1:1 Magnification Ratio; Internal Focus
- Aspherical, ED and Super ED Elements
- Nano AR Coating
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Focus Hold Button & Range Limiter Switch
- Sliding Focus Ring for AF/MF Selection
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11″
Get up close and personal with the 1:1 magnification ratio of the full-frame compatible FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens for Sony’s E-Mount mirrorless cameras. Optimized for macro shooting, this medium telephoto lens utilizes an aspherical element along with extra-low dispersion and super extra-low dispersion glass in order to create sharp imagery with minimal aberration. Also, it has a Nano AR Coating that suppresses reflections and allows for efficient light transmission for clear photographs.
Its maximum aperture of f/2.8 is effective when shooting in low light and allows for shallow depth-of-field focus. An internal focus system in which only the middle optical groups move when focusing provides fast autofocus action and a short minimum focus distance of 11″. Also, the lens does not extend when focusing and the front end does not rotate. The Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF motor employs piezoelectric elements oscillating at ultrasonic frequencies to drive the focus lens with accuracy and near-silence. The focus ring slides back and forth to select manual or auto focus and with a focus hold button and focus limiter switch, the lens offers precise control of where you place focus.
An optical image stabilization system uses gyro sensors to detect camera movement and quiet linear motors to shift the stabilization lens for blur control that is very helpful when shooting macro and/or in low light. Nine circular aperture blades create a unique diaphragm design that is almost perfectly circular throughout its aperture range and thus helps to create pleasing out-of-focus highlights. Finally, a handsome and sturdy build with a dust and moisture resistant design contributes to the overall quality and durability of this fine optic.
- Full-Frame E-Mount Telephoto Macro Lens
- A 90mm prime telephoto lens with 1:1 macro capability, it provides an f/2.8 maximum aperture for low light effectiveness and shallow depth of field control. Compatible with full-frame E-Mount cameras, it can also be used on APS-C E-Mount cameras with an angle of view equivalent to a 135mm lens in the 35mm/full-frame format.
- Internal Focusing
- Only the middle groups of the optical system move to achieve focus, so the overall length of the lens does not change. Other important benefits include fast autofocus and a short minimum focusing distance. Also, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient if you’re using a polarizing filter.
- Focus Hold Button
- Once you’ve adjusted focus to where you want it, pressing this button on the lens barrel will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance. The preview function can also be assigned to this button through the camera’s custom settings.
- Focus Range Limiter
- This function allows you to set a limit on the focusing range which can save you time during AF operation as the lens will not ‘hunt’ through the entire focusing range. On this macro lens, three ranges are supported: Full, infinity to 19.7″ and 11″ to 19.7″.
- Sliding Focus Ring
- The focus ring slides back and forth to select manual or auto focus.
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- Quiet, precise DDSSM focus drive employs piezoelectric elements oscillating at ultrasonic frequencies to drive the focus lens groups. In this case two floating focus groups are driven by independent DDSSM systems for precision positioning of the relatively heavy lenses required for macro photography. The system is remarkably quiet, making it ideal for animal and insect photography, as well as for video recording. It also improves the precision of “focus wobble” employed to achieve optimum focus when shooting movies.
- Lens-Based Optical Image Stabilization
- Gyro sensors built into the lens detect even the slightest movement, and the stabilization lens is precisely shifted to counteract any image blur that might occur. The use of precision, quiet linear motors and technology inherited from high-end Sony professional camcorders results in exceptionally quiet, effective image stabilization that contributes to high-quality movies as well as stills.
- Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens design dramatically reduces spherical aberration while also reducing lens size and weight. Specially shaped aspherical elements near the diaphragm restore alignment of light rays at the image plane, maintaining high sharpness and contrast even at maximum aperture and can also be used at other points in the optical path to reduce distortion.
- ED and Super ED Glass
- Extra-low Dispersion and Super Extra-low Dispersion glass elements reduce chromatic aberration for sharp, color-accurate images.
- Nano AR Coating
- Effectively suppress reflections that can cause flare and ghosting with Sony’s original Nano AR Coating technology. This nano-structure allows accurate light transmission, contributing to high-quality images, even more so than lenses with coatings that use an irregular nano-structure. The reflection suppression characteristic of the Nano AR Coating is superior to conventional anti-reflective coatings, providing a notable improvement in clarity, contrast, and overall image quality.
- Circular Aperture
- When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the light sources appear blurred. This ‘bokeh’ effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with circular aperture blades used in this lens. Its unique design keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops. Smoother, more natural defocusing can be obtained as a result.
- Dust and Moisture Resistant Design
- A solid and handsome design is complemented with dust and moisture resistant sealing enabling this lens to be used in the field as well as in-studio.