No products in the cart.
Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Sigma Cameras
- For Sigma DSLRs
- For APS-C Format Digital SLR Cameras
- Equivalent to 12-24mm in 35mm Format
- 75.7-114.5° Angle of View
- 9.4″ (24cm) Minimum Focus Distance
- Quiet, Fast Auto Focus
- Multi-Coating Reduces Flare & Ghosting
- Well Corrected for Distortions
- FLD Elements Correct Color Aberrations
- Compact–4.2″ x 2.9″ Diameter
Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6 Overview
The Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Sigma Cameras is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors. Sigma’s FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for distortions and color aberrations to deliver beautiful high contrast images.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4″ (24cm) allowing you to get in close to a subject to create exaggerated perspectives. This super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter. A lens hood is permanently attached to the lens.
For a chart of compatible cameras click compatibility chart
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- THIS IS A DC SERIES LENS DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH SIGMA DSLRS WITH APS-C SIZE SENSORS.
- THE LENS FEATURES FLD GLASS ELEMENTS WITH PERFORMANCE EQUAL TO FLUORITE GLASS TO COMPENSATE FOR COLOR ABERRATION.
- THE SUPER MULTI-LAYER COATING REDUCES FLARE AND GHOSTING WHILE SUPERIOR PERIPHERAL BRIGHTNESS ENSURES HIGH CONTRAST IMAGES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE ZOOM RANGE.
- ONE HYBRID ASPHERICAL LENS AND TWO GLASS MOLD ELEMENTS GIVE EXCELLENT CORRECTION FOR DISTORTION AND ASTIGMATISM.
- IT PRODUCES IMAGES WITH EXAGGERATED PERSPECTIVE WITH ITS WIDE-ANGLE (75.7-114.5°) VIEW.
- THE HSM (HYPER-SONIC MOTOR) ENSURES QUIET AND HIGH SPEED AF AS WELL AS FULL-TIME MANUAL FOCUS CAPABILITIES.
- COMPACT (4.2″ X 2.9″ DIAMETER) CONSTRUCTION