No products in the cart.
Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens for Pentax Digital SLR
Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6 Overview
The Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM is an ultra-wide zoom that has a 35mm equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on DSLRs with APS-C size image sensors. This lens is constructed with 15 elements in 11 groups which help deliver incredibly sharp image captures. Sigma’s FLD glass elements, equal to fluorite glass, correct for color aberrations and aid in delivering beautiful high contrast images.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4″ (24cm) allowing you to emphasize the subject by creating exaggerated perspectives. It features a compact construction with an overall length of 4.2″ (105.7mm) and a maximum diameter of 3.0″ (75mm).
This 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 super wide angle zoom is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and a wide variety of other shooting opportunities you may encounter.
For a chart of compatible cameras click compatibility chart
Note: Due to the curved shape of the front element, filters cannot be attached to this lens.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
- THIS IS A DC SERIES LENS DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR USE WITH NIKON DSLRS WITH APS-C SIZE SENSORS.
- THE LENS FEATURES FLD GLASS ELEMENTS WITH PERFORMANCE EQUAL TO FLUORITE GLASS TO COMPENSATE FOR COLOR ABERRATION.
- THE SUPER MULTI-LAYER COATING REDUCES FLARE AND GHOSTING WHILE SUPERIOR PERIPHERAL BRIGHTNESS ENSURES HIGH CONTRAST IMAGES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE ZOOM RANGE.
- ONE HYBRID ASPHERICAL LENS AND TWO GLASS MOLD ELEMENTS GIVE EXCELLENT CORRECTION FOR DISTORTION AND ASTIGMATISM.
- IT PRODUCES IMAGES WITH EXAGGERATED PERSPECTIVE WITH ITS WIDE ANGLE VIEW.
- THE HSM (HYPER-SONIC MOTOR) ENSURES QUIET AND HIGH SPEED AF AS WELL AS FULL-TIME MANUAL FOCUS CAPABILITIES.