No products in the cart.
Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens – (Panasonic PH)
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 24mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- One ED Element, Two UED Elements
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
A fast and optically refined wide-angle prime, the Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens from Panasonic is a 24mm equivalent lens designed for Micro Four Thirds digital cameras. Characterized by its truly bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens is ideal for working in low-light conditions and also affords a wealth of control over focus placement for using shallow depth of field techniques. The optical design employs a pair of aspherical elements, two ultra extra-low dispersion elements, and one extra-low dispersion element in order to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and clarity from edge to edge. Benefitting the optical assets, this lens also incorporates a smooth and quiet autofocus motor that is well-suited to both stills and video recording, and a manual AF/MF switch lends direct focus mode adjustment for more intuitive handling. Additionally, the all-metal construction of the lens is also weather-resistant in order to permit working in trying environmental conditions. Pairing Leica’s design legacy with Panasonic’s technological innovation, this versatile wide-angle prime is distinguished by both its optical merits as well as intuitive handling and contemporary functionality.
- Designed for mirrorless Micro Four Thirds digital cameras, this wide-angle 12mm f/1.4 lens provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult and low lighting conditions, and also affords greater control over depth of field for selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements are featured in the lens’ design, which help to maintain a compact form factor as well as help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions.
- Two ultra extra-low dispersion (UED) elements and one extra-low dispersion (ED) element work to significantly minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- The smooth and near-silent autofocus performance complements movie recording applications while the quick operation is beneficial to still photographers.
- A manual aperture ring gives tactile control over exposure settings and a dedicated AF/MF switch offers a simple, intuitive means for switching between focusing modes.
- The metal construction of the lens is durable as well as splash- and dust-resistant when paired with Lumix Micro Four Thirds cameras for working in harsh environments.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when making shallow depth of field imagery.