No products in the cart.
The Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 Lens is a super-wide-angle lens compatible with Micro Four Thirds System cameras. It offers a 100° angle of view, and overturns the rule that super wide-angle zooms have to be big and heavy. With a length of just 1.9″ (49.5mm) and a weight of just 5.5 oz (155 g), it is less than half the size and 60% of the weight of the Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6. With its wide angle of view, it makes it easy to include background scenery in group photos, and can be used to create unique images with a sense of dynamically exaggerated perspective.
A Dual Super Aspherical objective element, used at the front of the lens, makes it possible for the lens to offer a 100° angle of view, and dual aspherical elements are used at the back, to correct aberration and ensure superior image quality. Thanks to efficient optical design, the lens delivers an uncompromising combination of compact size and high quality, with clear imaging all the way to the periphery.
- Excellent Close-Focusing Performance
- At the wide-angle end of the zoom range, the lens offers a minimum working distance of just 6″ (15cm), making it possible to capture dramatic, wide-angle macro images.
- Dual Super Aspherical Objective Element
- A Dual Super Aspherical objective element corrects aberration and ensures superior image quality. 1
- Full Multicoating of All Elements
- All lens elements are multi-coated to ensure maximum light transmission and image clarity, with minimal ghosting and flaring in backlight.
- Circular Aperture Mechanism
- A circular aperture mechanism is used to assure smooth, even background defocusing.
- High-Speed Autofocus
- The inner focusing mechanism uses a light, compact, single-element unit to enable exceptionally fast, quiet autofocusing for smooth, stress-free still-image and movie shooting.
- Smooth Manual Focus
- The manual focusing mechanism is designed to offer a responsive feel, with just the right amount of resistance to enable smooth, precise operation.