No products in the cart.
Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens
- Micro Four Thirds Mount
- 24-80mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 1 Aspherical ED & 2 Aspherical Elements
- 1 DSA, 2 ED, 1 HD, 2 HR Lens Elements
- High-Speed Imager AF with MSC
- Linear Motor Drive System
- Manual Focus Clutch
- Dust, Freeze and Drip-Proof Construction
- 7-Blade Circular Diaphragm
The Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens is a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens that is compatible with the Micro Four Thirds system. The 12-40mm focal length provides a 35mm-equivalent field of view of 24-80mm and a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and shallow depth of field control throughout the zoom range.
The lens construction integrates an array of aspherical, extra-low dispersion, high-refractive index, and HD lens elements to provide a comprehensive reduction in chromatic aberrations and distortion while also contributing to high overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity. A high-speed imager AF linear motor drive system provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance and the MSC (Movie and Still Image Compatible) designation indicates this lens’ suitability for use with fast-moving subjects and video applications. Additionally, a manual focus clutch enables quick, seamless shifting between auto and manual focus control.
Additionally, the lens features a dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof construction that is tailored to its use in inclement conditions.
- 12-40mm lens provides a 35mm-equivalent field of view of 24-80mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range.
- High-speed imager AF linear motor drive system, with MSC (Movie and Still Image Compatible) support, provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance.
- Manual focus clutch permits efficient and intuitive switching between auto and manual focusing control.
- The lens construction integrates one aspherical ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical elements, one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two extra-low dispersion elements, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and fidelity.
- Seven-blade circular diaphragm works to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus quality that is well-suited to shallow depth of field imagery.
- Dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof design ensure the lens’ performance in inclement and harsh conditions.