No products in the cart.
Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f4G ED VR
F Mount Lens/FX Format
Aperture Range: f/4-32
Three Extra-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
Nano Crystal Coat
Nikon VR Image Stabilization
Silent Wave Motor AF System
Manual Focus Override
Internal Focus Lens Design
Super Integrated Coating
Filter Diameter: 67mm
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Lens from Nikon strikes an ideal balance between exceptional optics, advanced lens technologies, compact size and a range of popular focal lengths. Designed for full-frame Nikon FX-format cameras, this G-series lens is also compatible with Nikon’s cropped DX-format cameras. When attached to a cropped sensor camera, the 35mm equivalent focal length is 105-300mm. Its constant maximum f/4 aperture provides consistency throughout the zoom range and Vibration Reduction technology offers 4-stops of compensation against the blur caused by camera movement, enabling handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, accurate and quiet autofocus and seamless manual focus override gives you precise focus control even in AF mode. The Internal Focus design of this G-series lens means the length of the lens remains constant as you focus. Minimum focus distance is 3.3′
Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements minimize chromatic aberration – even at the widest aperture – and enhance sharpness. Nano Crystal Coat prevents internal lens reflections, ghosting, and flare. This compact zoom lens offers a very practical set of focal lengths in a lightweight, easy-to-carry form.
- DX-Format (35mm Equivalent): 105-300mm
- Though it is a full-frame, FX-format lens, the 70-200mm f/4G is compatible with Nikon’s cropped DX-format sensors. With a crop factor of 1.5x, DX-format sensor cameras turn the 70-200mm focal length of this lens into the 35mm equivalent of a 105-300mm lens, adding greater telephoto zoom capabilities on the smaller sized sensor.
- One High Refractive Index and Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way to 200mm, the three extra-low dispersion glass elements correct specific wavelengths of light – providing maximum sharpness and minimized aberration, even at the widest f/4.0 aperture setting.
- Vibration Reduction (VR)
- This optical Nikon lens technology improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake, with up to 4 stops of image stabilization. This means you can shoot at shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible with sharp results.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides fast, quiet and precise AF with seamless manual focus override. SWM is particularly useful when using this lens to shoot video.
- Manual/Auto Focusing Mode (M/A)
- The M/A focusing mode allows you to change from automatic to manual focusing immediately by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch from quick autofocus to fine manual focusing without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
- Anti-Reflective Nano Crystal Coat
- This anti-reflective coating reduces internal reflections from the lens elements, across a wide range of wavelengths. The Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity and contrast.
- Optical Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- In addition to the Nano Crystal Coat, this lens also has a Super Integrated multi-layer Coating on its lens elements.
- Internal Focus Lens Design (IF)
- Thanks to the Internal Focus (IF) design of the lens, you can focus automatically or manually without changing the length of the lens. All of the movement of the lens elements takes place within the lens barrel so you can remain at the same working distance throughout the focus range.
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.3′
- Focus as close as 3.28′ from your subject with a maximum magnification of 0.274x; capture even the smallest subjects while maintaining a comfortable working distance.
- 9-Blade Circular Aperture
- Create beautiful softly blurred backgrounds highlights with a more natural appearance.
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- The 67mm from filter thread does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used.
- Tripod-Mounting Option
- Available with the RT-1 Tripod Collar (sold separately)
|Tripod Collar||Optional Removable – rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 7.0″ (7.87 x 17.78 cm)|
|Weight||1.87 lb (850 g)|