No products in the cart.
Fujifilm XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR Lens
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 24-82.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three ED and Three Aspherical Elements
- Nano-GI and HT-EBC Lens Coatings
- Twin Linear Autofocus Motor
- Internal Focus System
- 14-Seal Weather-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
A standard-length zoom built to handle harsh conditions, the XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR Lens from Fujifilm is a weather-sealed lens offering the 35mm focal length equivalence of 24-82.5mm for versatile wide-angle to portrait length perspectives. With a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, it is effective in low light conditions and able to control focus placement with a shallow depth of field. Compatible with all Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless digital cameras, it features a sophisticated lens design, internal focusing and a Twin Linear Motor AF system for exceedingly fast and near silent autofocus operation.
Comprised of 17 elements in 12 groups, the optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion (ED) elements to control chromatic aberrations and three aspherical elements to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range. Additionally, a Nano-GI and HT-EBC coating has been applied to lens elements to alter the refractive index between elements, minimize surface reflections, and prevent lens flare and ghosting. And, in combination with select X-series cameras, Lens Modulation Optimiser technology corrects for diffraction, even at small apertures, for heightened edge-to-edge sharpness.
The lens barrel incorporates 14 distinct weather seals to render it both moisture and dust resistant for confident use in inclement conditions. Its minimum focus distance is 11.8″, and its 9-blade circular diaphragm renders pleasing out-of-focus highlights.
- Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-82.5mm, this standard-length zoom lens is ideal for numerous applications and skill-levels. Its wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives suit everyday shooting needs as well as the varying demands of advanced photographers who may need wide-angles and portrait lengths within the span of seconds.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent performance throughout the zoom range and excels when working in difficult lighting conditions. Aperture can be controlled at 1/3 EV steps.
- The 17-element-in-12-group design includes three extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements to minimize chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range.
- Fourteen distinct seals are placed across the lens barrel to render it weather- and dust-resistant and capable of functioning in temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to lens elements and alters the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light and HT-EBC coating also suppresses ghosting and flare for overall sharp imaging.
- By combining this lens with select X-Series camera bodies with Lens Modulation Optimiser (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
- A Twin Linear Motor autofocus system delivers fast, smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas. Autofocus speeds are rated as fast as 0.06 seconds.
- In macro mode at the wide-angle end the lens provides a minimum focus distance of 11.8″, enabling the user to be very close to their subject and still maintain sharp focus.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.