No products in the cart.
Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-135mm Lens
The Sony Alpha a6500 features a newly developed 24.2MP Exmor® CMOS sensor with the world’s fastest AF speed1 (0.05 sec.) and highest number of phase detection AF points2 (425). The a6500 boasts in-camera, 5-axis optical image stabilization for every lens and enhanced AF features, including intuitive and immediate touchscreen AF operation. The a 6500 also offers 4K movie recording3 and pro video features, including 2.4x oversampling4 with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, S-Log3/S-Log2, S-Gamut and gamma assist, and more.
4D FOCUS™ w/ world’s fastest autofocus1 with world’s most2 AF points
The α6500’s unrivaled 4D FOCUS™ system boasts the world’s fastest autofocus (AF) acquisition time1that can lock focus on a subject in as little as 0.05 seconds. It also has the world’s highest number of focal plane phase detection AF points2 – an incredible 425 – that are densely positioned over 84% of the image area. Moreover, the α6500 can capture full resolution 24.2MP images at up to 11 frames per second with continuous autofocus and exposure tracking. The α6500 takes full advantage of its enhanced fast hybrid AF for movies in both HD and 4K3.
First 5-axis in-body image stabilization in an E-mount camera
For the first time, the 5-axis SteadyShot™ INSIDE image stabilization system is used in an APS-C E-mount camera while maintaining a compact lightweight body. It accurately compensates for blur caused by camera shake – for up to 5-stops12 – from five different directions: vertical, horizontal, pitch, yaw and roll. This means that any lens attached to the α6500 will benefit from images stabilization, whether the lens has its own image stabilization or not. The 5-axis image stabilizing system excels during video recording and even compensates for blur caused by the photographer walking or running. You can even monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode.
A host of pro video features for 4K3 and Full HD
The α6500 has the ability to record 4K video internally with full pixel readout and no pixel binning through usage of the professional and efficient XAVC S format3. The camera is capable of recording high quality footage at 100Mbps for 4K and up to 100Mbps at 120 fps for Full HD. It also offers a new ‘Slow and Quick’ mode (S&Q) that supports both slow motion and quick motion from 1 fps to 120 fps in 8 steps7 A host of other features for professional movie production workflow are also included, such as zebra for easier exposure adjustment, peaking for easy manual focusing, time code and clean 4:2:2 HDMI output as well as picture profiles, S-Log3/S-Log2, S-Gamut and gamma assist for real time S-Log monitoring.
E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Included with the camera is the E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens, which offers a wide-angle to telephoto 27-202.5mm equivalent focal length range. Benefitting the reach of the lens is an Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Also helping to produce sharper imagery is a linear autofocus motor, which delivers quick and accurate focusing performance that is also quiet to suit video recording applications. Balancing with the handling attributes, this lens also sports an intelligent optical design that uses both extra-low dispersion glass and aspherical elements to control spherical and chromatic aberrations for high sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range.
- Newly developed 24.2MP APS-C Exmor® CMOS sensor
- 4D FOCUS™ with world’s fastest autofocus1 (0.05 sec.) and highest number of phase-detection AF points (425)
- Continuous shooting up to 11fps at 24.2MP with AE/AF tracking
- Touch AF for stills/video with touchpad operation when using EVF
- Enhanced focus features such as Eye AF, Expand Flexible Spot, Focus Magnifier
- 4K video recording3 in Super 35mm format with full pixel readout, no pixel binning and 2.4x oversampling4
- Slow and quick motion with frame rates from 1 fps to 120 fps (100fps) can be selected in 8 steps
- First 5-axis, in-body image stabilization in an E-mount camera
- Ultra-fast OLED with EVF benefits and optical viewfinder immediacy
- Wi-Fi®/NFC™/QR code for easy file transfer and remote control8
- Rugged magnesium alloy body with moisture- and dust-resistant sealing around main buttons, dials, ports and doors
- Highly durable shutter has been proven to endure approximately 200,000 shutter releases10 which ensure long-lasting shooting performance
- Designed for a pro-workflow with Picture Profiles, S-Log and Gamma Display Assist
- The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α6500 extends compatibility with a range of Sony A-mount lenses* (with use of a Sony adaptor)
- MI (Multi interface) shoe that is compatible with Sony’s optional XLR Adaptor Microphone Kits
- GPS location via Bluetooth
- Silent Shooting features an electronic shutter that is noiseless and causes no vibration, so you can shoot high-resolution images without camera shake and in situations that require complete silence.
Lens Mount: Sony E-Mount
Camera Format: APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
Sensor: CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm
Effective Pixels: 24.2 megapixels
Storage Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo/PRO HG-Duo
Video: Up to 3840 x 2160p (30fps/100Mbps, 30 fps/60Mbps, 25fps/100Mbps)
LCD: 3.0″ tilting touchscreen
ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 100-25600 (Ext Mode: 100-51200)
Continuous Shooting: Up to 11fps at 24.2MP
Wi-Fi Capable: Yes
Dimensions: 4.7 x 2.6 x 2.2″
Weight: 14.46 oz
Kit Lens Focal Length: 18 – 135mm Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 – 202.5 mm
Aperture: Maximum: f/3.5 – 5.6 Minimum: f/22 – 36
Dimensions: Approx. 2.65 x 3.46″
Weight: 11.50 oz
In the box
- Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-135mm Lens
- E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1020mAh)
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro-USB Cable
- AC-UUD12 AC Adapter