No products in the cart.
Shop/Drones & Aerial Imaging
GoPro Karma Quadcopter with HERO5 Black
- Capture 4K30 Video and 12MP Photos
- Game-Style Controller with Touchscreen
- View Live Camera Feed
- Full Control of HERO5 Black
- Use App for Dedicated Camera Operation
- One-Touch Takeoff and Landing
- Selfie, Cable Cam, Orbit Flight Modes
- Stabilizer Grip for Handheld Shooting
- Up to 20 Minutes Flying Time
- Compact Case Included
This bundle from GoPro combines the Karma Quadcopter with the HERO5 Black action camera. The Karma has been designed from the ground up for use with the HERO line, featuring complete control integration with the included HERO5 Black or HERO6 Black (sold separately). A detachable gimbal stabilizes the camera in the air and can be used on the ground when combined with the included Karma Grip.
Convert your GoPro HERO5 Black (available separately) into a fully integrated aerial imaging tool with the Karma Quadcopter with Harness for HERO5 Black. This compact, folding drone can stay aloft for up to 20 minutes and features a detachable gimbal stabilizer that will help keep your footage silky smooth. Karma includes an intelligent, game-style controller with a flip-up touchscreen for complete control over the HERO5 Black as well as the ability to view a live camera feed. You can also buddy up with a friend: Thanks to the GoPro Passenger App, one person can pilot via the controller while a second uses the app to monitor the camera and change settings as needed.
In addition to the Karma, this ready-to-fly bundle includes a flight battery and charger; the Karma Grip handle, which allows you to use the stabilizer on the ground; and a compact case.
Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro HERO5 Black
- The Karma stabilizer is a motorized gimbal that compensates for vibration and other unwanted sources of movement to give your footage a polished, professional look. This version of the gimbal features a harness (camera mount) specifically for the separately available GoPro HERO5 Black
- Detachable for Handheld Use
- The stabilizer detaches and can be coupled to the included Karma Grip for use a bit closer to the ground. The Grip supplies power to the stabilizer and features video record/photo controls accessible by thumb
- Wearable / Mountable
- The Grip is also compatible with many types of separately available GoPro mounts and can also be used with the built-in shoulder mount on the Karma Case
- Video Game-Style Controls
- The Karma Controller features video gamepad-style controls for intuitive operation.
- Flip-Up Touchscreen
- A touchscreen enables you to view a live feed from the GoPro HERO5 Black as well as change camera settings while the bird is in the air
- Total Camera Control
- Designed from the ground up to give you full control of your GoPro in flight, Karma lets you remotely control all camera modes and capture settings, add HiLight Tags, and more using its built-in touch display
- Preflight Training
- The built-in tutorial and flight simulator make it easy and fun to learn how to fly anywhere, anytime, even before your first flight
Flight Control System
- Automatic Takeoff and Landing
- Using a single button on the controller, you can launch the Karma as well as bring it back to Earth
- Built-In No-Fly Zones
- Built-in No-Fly Zones help prevent the drone from accidentally flying into restricted areas
- Automatic Return Home
- Karma safely flies back to you when out of range, if there’s a lost connection, or when the battery runs low
- GoPro Passenger App
- In addition to the pilot, a friend can get in on the action using a separately available mobile device and the GoPro Passenger App. Through the app you can view a live feed as well as operate the camera. This means the pilot can concentrate on flying the aircraft
Built-In Auto Shot Paths
- Pro-quality shots are easy to capture using Auto Shot Paths flight modes:
- This is a selfie mode that keeps the GoPro HERO5 Black locked on you
- Cable Cam
- Create aerial tracking shots in which the Karma flies a long a fixed path
- In this mode, the Karma will fly along circular path keeping the camera locked on to a fixed subject
- Stay close up on the subject, then pull away for a dramatic revea
Ruggedized and ready for adventure, the GoPro HERO5 Black action camera can be taken to the skies, over rough terrain, and even underwater without flinching, recording 4K videos and 12MP photos along the way. The sealed rubberized chassis allows the HERO5 Black to be taken to depths of 33′ without the need for an external housing. So whether your escapades take you to the lands of concrete, sand, dirt, snow, or water, the HERO5 Black is prepared to record with a single button press. Once you have finished recording, use the touchscreen to playback and even edit your footage right on the camera.
It’s hard to speak about the versatility of the HERO5 Black and not mention the mounting possibilities available through the included and separately available accessories. The Frame is included with the HERO5 Black and not only adds another layer of protection, it provides an interface to the world of 3-prong accessories. To get you started, a mounting buckle quick-release for The Frame and two adhesive mounts (one curved and one straight) with quick-releases are included. Other accessories such as handlebar mounts, selfie sticks, suction cups, and dive housings for creative placement of the HERO5 Black are available separately.
Not only is it more versatile than previous generation HEROs, it’s also easier to use. A touchscreen graces the rear surface, displaying a revamped user interface, while the front screen combined with the top and side buttons offer a more traditional one-button control experience. If the camera is off, pressing the record button will power it on and immediately start recording. Hands-free control is also possible using the built-in Voice Control feature. Speaking simple voice commands can control various functions inside the camera, including start/stop video recording, photo burst, and more.
- Quick Features
- Photos: Up to 12MP, 30fps burst, time lapse mode, raw file option, Wide Dynamic Range mode
- Videos: Up to 30fps in UHD 4K, up to 80fps in 1440p, up to 120fps in 1080p
- Waterproof to 33′
- Simple one-button control
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Advanced wind-noise reduction using 3 microphones
- Voice control
- Digital video stabilization
- Rear touchscreen display
- Automatic upload to the cloud
- Built-in GPS
- Video Recording Modes
- Select the desired resolution to fit your project. Record in UHD 4K resolution up to 30fps or switch to lower resolutions such as 1080p and 720p for access to higher frame rates, more FOV (Field Of View) options, and electronic stabilization. In 2.7K widescreen and lower resolutions, for instance, narrower FOV options open up, including Medium, Narrow, and the new Linear mode (only available in 2.7K and 1080p settings), which corrects the lens’s barrel distortion.All video recording modes can be as simple or advanced as you want them to be. If you only want to ensure that a shot is captured, auto-exposure is at your disposal. For those who are shooting less off-the-cuff footage and want complete control, manual control of exposure is also available.
Audio for video is recorded using three microphones. In normal conditions, the HERO5 Black will process the audio for a stereo signal. If high winds start affecting the audio, the HERO5 Black can intuit which microphone is picking up the best sound and automatically switch to that microphone in real-time and filter out any excess wind noise. While the audio will only be in mono, you will know that you’re getting the highest possible audio quality.
- Photo Modes
- Raw File Option: In addition to standard JPEG capture, the HERO5 Black can also capture raw images in the .GPR format. Raw images offer enthusiasts or professional photographers more flexibility after the photo is taken. Raw images can be processed after-the-fact for higher quality output.WDR Mode: Bridging the gap between JPEG capture and raw, the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) mode is also available. If the scene has dark shadows and bright highlights, WDR mode will retain better detail in those areas.
Burst Mode: Bursts of photos can be taken during high-action sequences to ensure that you capture the moment. The camera’s buffer can fit up to 30 photos from a single burst, and burst durations can be set from six seconds to one second, effectively offering a 30fps burst of 12MP photos.
Time Lapse Mode: Record clouds floating by, traffic snaking through cityscapes, or stars and constellations tracing their way across the sky with the time lapse mode. Set your interval from a picture every 1/2 second to every minute for different effects.
- GoPro Apps
- GoPro apps Capture and Quik allow you to access and edit your GoPro footage with simple to use yet powerful functions. There’s also GoPro Plus, which lets you access your GoPro content on the cloud.
GoPro Capture (iOS/Android)
Use your iOS or Android device to live-preview and play back shots, control your GoPro, and share on the fly.
– Live preview makes it easy to frame the perfect shot
– Get full remote control of all camera functions
– Share photos and videos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more
GoPro Quik (iOS/Android)
Edit videos with just a few taps.
– Analyze your photos and video clips to find great moments
– Adds transitions and effects, and sync everything to the beat of the music
– Customize your story with text, filters, music, and more
GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
Import and edit your videos with just a few clicks.
– Transform your footage into edited videos synced to music
– Automatically import your photos and videos and share your best shots
– Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing
GoPro Plus (Cloud-Subscription)
Access your GoPro footage wherever you are, and create and share your story.
– Auto upload to the cloud
– Access your footage in the cloud, then use Quik to edit on your phone or computer
– Enjoy your photos and videos from your phone or TV using the optional AirPlay and Apple TV
– Unlock an expanded library of soundtracks for your footage